SBK Orthodontics offers braces with custom treatment plans. With a variety of braces options available, your teen can get the smile they want faster than before.
ORTHODONTICS FOR TEENS
Braces, retainers, and everything else that you want to know about orthodontics!
You’ve just heard the three words that every teen dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!”
BRACES! WHAT NOW?
Don’t worry! Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WEAR BRACES?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment allows orthodontists to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if it becomes necessary. Not everybody receives early orthodontic treatment, and in some cases, it may be recommended that a patient wait until they are older to receive treatment.
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently, so while it may take one patient only 12 months to complete their treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
BRACES YOUR WAY!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Ceramic braces
- Traditional metal braces
WHAT IF MY TEEN DOESN’T WANT BRACES?
That’s why you come to an experienced orthodontist team that won’t settle for limited treatment options. Here at SBK Orthodontics, you can ask our team to help your teenager start with Invisalign® clear aligners. This clear aligner system offers your teenager a discreet and efficient solution to let their smile shine!
IS INVISALIGN® BETTER THAN BRACES?
Fortunately, Invisalign clear aligner trays and traditional metal braces or clear ceramic braces can solve many of the most common orthodontic problems, meaning that whether your teen uses Invisalign or traditional braces is just a choice in style and personal preference.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF WEARING INVISALIGN?
These BPA-free plastic trays are an efficient way of fixing your teenager’s crooked teeth or a bad bite. Check out some of the amazing benefits below:
- Near Invisible. The clear aligner trays are almost invisible to the naked eye when your teenager puts them on, meaning they won’t attract any unwanted attention when they smile.
- Better Oral Hygiene. Invisalign trays are not fixed appliances, so your teenager will be able to remove them and avoid getting food debris caught in them. Likewise, the patient can pop off the trays and brush their teeth with ease. Say goodbye to maneuvering around brackets and wires to use dental floss properly.
- Faster Treatment. Many patients report noticeable progress around the 6-month mark. Every case is unique, but generally speaking, treatment with clear aligners is faster.
- Shorter Orthodontic Visits. You won’t have to spend as much time in your orthodontist’s office during regular checkups.
SBK Orthodontics is ranked as part of the top 1% of Invisalign providers nationwide. Coming to our orthodontic office means putting your care in the hands of a qualified group of specialists that can help you achieve results efficiently and safely.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Orthodontic braces and Invisalign clear aligners are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.